Impress someone special with this recipe for scallop tartare and beet sorbet topped with caviar. The fruity aromas of Saint Jacques scallops are the perfect balance to the earthy flavors of beets.
Saint Jacque Scallops with Beet sorbet and Caviar
- 150 g Les verges Boiron beets
- 150 g water
- 10 g red wine vinegar
- 70 g corn (glucose) syrup
Combine all of the ingredients in a mixer and season with salt and pepper. Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker and mix until it turns into a sorbet
- 50 g Scallop Saint Jacques, diced
- 7 g red onion, finely minced
- 2 g Les vergers Boiron semi-candied lemon peels
- fresh chives, for garnish
- olive oil, to taste
Combine the scallops, red onions and candied lemon peels in a small bowl and season with olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss gently to coat
Divide the scallop tartare into 2 portions. Carefully spoon each portion into 2 glasses and top each with a quenelle of the beet sorbet. Garnish with a spoonful of caviar and chives.